With people returning to the office after nearly three years of remote work (can you believe we’ve been in the pandemic that long?!), having a reason to get dolled up and put your best foot forward is exciting. Because let’s be real, loungewear and pajamas have ruled our wardrobe for far too long. I say that as I write this post in an oversized T-shirt and leggings, which only further proves my point. Even though I won’t return to an office until the summertime since I’m currently on maternity leave, I’m already dreaming up the first outfit I’ll wear when I head back into my office. You know, that first day of school feeling.
And while I personally don’t really need a reason to pamper myself with new makeup and skincare, it’s nice to have an excuse–and looking forward to my office return will suffice.
With that in mind, I’m breaking down the new beauty products I’ve been testing out–many of which have saved my skin while I’m in the throes of taking care of a newborn.
- This foundation, which feels like second skin, is long-wearing and can definitely handle a day of moving around and being outdoors. I wore this when I took my baby to the park for the first time, and between frantically getting his diaper bag ready, getting myself dressed and strolling him around, the foundation not only stayed put but my skin looked refreshed the entire day. Plus, I loved that the formula is infused with SPF, which gave me an extra dose of protection as I got fresh air.
- The only downside: The foundation doesn’t provide enough coverage to conceal my blemishes and melasma. Even as I added two layers around my under-eyes (where my melasma is the worst) and around my cheek area (where I have a few breakouts), it didn’t quite get the job done.
- I’ve been using this for several weeks now and have noticed a difference in my skin, specifically in my nose area–where my pores are the most noticable. Although it’s impossible to get rid of pores, this product does a great job of minimizing their appearance and cleaning all the gunk out. Even better? It’s perfectly safe for me to use as I nurse my son. And the ingredients are safe to use for any expecting moms.
- The only downside: The formula is very liquidy, so if you’re not careful it can get messy real fast. To alleviate this, I typicallly pump it into the palms of my hands and press the product into my face.
- I’m totally impressed with this chemincal and mineral sunscreen that not only smells delicious but shields my skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Along with its protection, it gives my skin much-needed hydration with its hyaluronic acid and aloe ingredients. It’s glowy-finish, which adds radiance to the skin, is chef’s kiss.
- The only downside: It does leave a white cast, so you have to really rub it in and blend it.
- Revlon reigns surpeme in the lipstick department and its new ColorStay matte lippies are no different. I love how smooth and seamless the product glides onto the lips and coats it with color in one swipe. The crayon-inspired design allows you to line your lips easily and effortlessly.
- The only downside: If you’re looking for a true matte lipstick this isn’t it. The formula is hydrating and has a velvety finish, which means touch-ups throughout the day are a must. While I actually love this type of product, I know most beauty devotees expect their matte lipsticks to stay locked in.
- A conclear that provides full coverage but feels light-weight–that’s what you’ll get with Hide’s product. It might be pint-sized but it packs a punch with its long-wearing and smudge-proof formula.
- Anything that helps me reduce the redness and inflammation in my skin is a huge win in my book and these toner pads do just that. I also find that this product is non-irritating and oh-so-soothing for my sensitive skin.
- The only downside: The jar can be tricky to close and if you’re not careful, the liquid might spill out.
- The lovely Jordan LaFragola, the founder of the brand and a renowned esthetician, gave me my first facial post-baby. Not only did my skin feel rejuvenated, but I walked out of her studio feeling recharged and refreshed. Shortly after, I began using her oil, which has given my complexion a healthy glow, a boost of hydration and a rich softness. Unlike most oils, this product is anything but a sticky, heavy mess. It actually feels weightless on the skin. It works its magic with makeup, too as I like to dab it on my cheekbones to add a subtle glow to my complexion. Plus, the packaging is gorgeous–from the decadent Renaissance-inspired floral design to the luxurious glass bottle, this sits so pretty on my vanity.